Tapflo pumps are able to pump a wide variety of cosmetics; below is a list of FAQ’s to help you with the basics of pumping cosmetics followed by a case study as an example of how a cosmetic pump would be used.
What pump type is the best used for pumping cosmetics
Depending on a number of factors within a process Tapflo has a number of pumps suitable for cosmetics. All of the pumps in the range would be Sanitary with FDA certificated or have EHEDG approval. We would either recommend one of our Sanitary or EHEDG Diaphragm Pumps which happens to be one of the most versatile sanitary pumps on the market today or an option of two Hygienic Centrifugal Pumps depending on which grade you would like or a Lobe or Twin Screw Pump for the extra viscous products!
What is the most important thing to consider when specifying a pump for cosmetic products?
Hygiene standards are key when selecting a pump for cosmetic products. Most cosmetic products come into contact with the skin, hair or eyes, therefore ensuring a pump has the right sanitary certification is crucial.
What makes Tapflo’s Diaphragm Pump sanitary and why is it so versatile?
Great question! The Tapflo Sanitary Pump has been designed in a way that means easy cleaning, low bacteria growth risk and easy maintenance.
- Quick dismantling – the clamp system allows rapid dismantling without the need for tools. Tri-clamps also allows for easy clean meaning minimal bacteria growth!
- Plain Surface – the sandwich diaphragm has a completely plain surface which eliminates bacteria growth problems. The diaphragm is available in food-grade materials (PTFE and White EPDM).
- Superior finish – both liquid side and outside of the pumps housing is electro-polished to obtain a superior finish and hygiene.
- Pollution-free air valve – the sealing system is lubrication free, always keeping your product and the environment free from oil contamination.
- Pumping a product that needs to stay hot? Not a problem! We can offer heating jackets for all our sanitary Diaphragm Pumps meaning the product stays at the same temperature whilst flowing!
- Bracket swivel design allows for easy draining eliminating the risk of bacteria growth within the pump. We have also developed new magnetic valve ball lifters which can empty up to 99% of the contents left within the pump!
Cosmetic Pump Case Study
Tapflo were recently approached by a start-up Cosmetics Company manufacturing face scrubs. They needed a pump to empty a 1000l stainless steel tanks containing the face scrub and depositing into a filling line.
Fluid: Peppermint face scrub
Flow Rate: 100lpm
Solids: Some 1mm chunks
Pipe Work: 1 1/2”
Length of discharge: 6m Flexi hose
Suction Condition: 1.5M vertical 2M across
Pump solution offered
Pump Type: T125 STT Diaphragm with remote stop-start
Materials: Stainless Steel and PTFE
Accessories: Tapflo remote start stop
Connection Size: 1 ½”
The pump was installed along with the remote start-stop. This means they can start the pump from the filling line and stop the pump when they are happy with the amount of product in the depositing tank. The customer was so happy with the product they have purchased 3 more since to support their growth!