What is a Dosing Pump?
A Dosing Pump is a low flow, controllable, Positive Displacement Pump that delivers a precise, repeatable and measured flow of a variety of fluids such as chemicals, additives, flavourings or medicines into mixing/batching or pumping systems.
Positive Displacement Pumps are generally used for these types of applications as they provide a constant flow rate which is independent of the system pressure. The flow rate is directly proportional to the stroke length/speed of the reciprocating element in the pump, e.g. the diaphragm or the rotational speed of the rotating element (the lobes, rollers or gears).
Most Dosing Pumps are also required to be self-priming so that they can draw the process fluid from bulk, storage or day tanks.
Dosing Pump capacities are generally controlled either manually, digitally or through analogue signal feedback from fluid accessories on the system such as flow meters or sensors. They are also becoming more controlled by a signal from a central control system such as SCADA where operators can monitor and control their process systems from a central control room.
Dosing Pump Applications
Dosing Pumps can be used for a plethora of applications in almost every industry, below are some examples of where Tapflo’s range of Dosing Pumps can be used:
- Water Treatment Industries: Legionella Control, Disinfection, & pH Correction
- Leisure Industries: pH Correction & Dosing, Chlorine Dosing (Redox or Free Chlorine-based) & PAC or Flocculant Dosing
- Industrial Process Industries: CIP (Clean in Place), Waste Water Treatment, Biocides (Such as Sodium Hypochlorite, Sodium Bromide & Isothiazalone), Corrosion – Inhibitors & Descalers for Cooling Towers, Pipework, Valve and Pump Systems
- Food, Beverage & Dairy Industries: CIP, Flavourings & Additives
- Poultry & Farming Industries: Transfer of a variety of chemicals, such as hydrogen peroxide, and additives into water supplies to ensure the welfare of livestock.
- Agricultural Industries: Irrigation, Chemigation & Fertigation utilising chemicals such as Nitric Acid
- Wash Down Applications: Pumping of various detergents & waxes in vehicle wash applications for example.
What benefits can our Dosing Pumps offer you?
- High dosing accuracy across a high range of flow rates
- Pulsed, low Pulse or Pulseless Flow
- High Discharge Pressures
- Easy operation
- Robust and reliable product
- Long service life of wear parts
- Low maintenance and operational costs
- Low energy consumption
- Dry running
- High suction lift
- Solids passage
- Leakage free
- Feedback and easy system integration
- Customisation to specific applications
- Various onboard controls and features to make your life easier
What Dosing Pumps does Tapflo UK offer?
Tapflo offers an enormous range of different types and variations of Dosing Pumps to satisfy almost any dosing or metering requirement. Below is a very brief summary of the pump types we offer for dosing or metering applications. To find out more about each one visit our product sections on the website or give us a call to chat through the options available to you. We are always here to help!
Peristaltic Pumps: Our High-Pressure Peristaltic Pump (up to 15 bar) and Low-Pressure Peristaltic Pump (up to 4 bar) with flow rates from as low as 1 l/hr. Hose & insert materials can be catered to almost any application and even the pump casing can be supplied in numerous materials to ensure that even when the hose leaks the pump can be protected from corrosion by the pumped media. Hose leak detection can be provided upon request also.
Low Energy Air Operated Diaphragm Pumps: Provide consistent, low pulsating flow rates with high volumetric efficiency making them ideal for batching and metering applications. Available in HDPE/PTFE, Metal and Sanitary series of products they can be catered to almost any application.
We can also supply Precision Mag Drive Gear Pumps, Mechanically Sealed Lobe Pumps and Solenoid and Motor-Driven Diaphragm or Piston Pumps with traditional electric motors or stepper motors – please enquire for more details.
Typical materials available for Tapflo’s range of Dosing Pumps are, but not limited to PP, PVC, PE, PTFE, PVDF, Stainless Steel AISI 316L & Hastelloy C.
Tapflo can also supply bespoke or catalogue dosing skids and systems to allow for drop-in solutions with limited on-site integrations and commissioning where time is of the essence.
A variety of accessories such as suction lances, injection nozzles, pulsation dampeners, back pressure & relief valves, tanks, control panels & controllers, probes, flow meters and filters can also be provided on request to make sourcing your dosing equipment easier. Why go to anyone else when Tapflo UK can provide flow solutions all in one place!
Our full range of Dosing Pumps consists of the following:
- Low Energy Diaphragm Pumps
- Peristaltic Pumps
- Solenoid Driven Diaphragm Pumps
- Motor-Driven Diaphragm & Piston Pumps
- Stepper Motor Driven Diaphragm Pumps
If you would like to read about maintaining your Dosing Pump, read our guide to avoiding cavitation, overloading or excessive delivery.
Our sales team are always happy to help with any pump queries, so don’t hesitate to get in touch.