The CPC Sanitary Centrifugal Pump range has been designed and manufactured by Pomac Pumps. Their pumps have been manufactured to meet EHEDG standards, which are strict European sanitary guidelines.
What’s the difference between a CPC and CPC-ZA Pump?
Within Pomac’s Sanitary Centrifugal Pump range there are two pumps, the CPC and the CPC-ZA. The CPC-ZA is the Self-Priming equivalent of the CPC range, it is perfect for pumping liquids with entrained air and gases or where suction lift applications mean a standard CPC pump cannot be used. They are also a really cost-effective solution for CIP scavenge & return applications where costly Self Priming Liquid Ring pumps are usually specified.
What applications can the CPC Sanitary Centrifugal Pump Range be used for?
The Sanitary Centrifugal Pump can be used for pumping clean and slightly solids laden liquids with solids up to 10mm. They are typically used for large volume transfer applications and for the following applications:
Food Industry – soups, sauces, oils, milk, sugar solutions, syrups
Beverage Industry – Soft drinks, beers, wines, liqueurs, spirits, fruit juice, yeast
CIP & SIP – Sodium Hydroxide, Nitric Acid and other cleaning liquids
Pharmaceutical & Biotech – Ultrafiltration, tablets and coating, nutrient solutions, emulsions
What makes the CPC range sanitary?
Pomac Pumps pride themselves on making Sanitary Pumps, so all of their pumps are manufactured to the highest quality using high-quality materials. All liquid contact parts are manufactured from cast Stainless Steel AISI 316L (others on request) with an internal surface roughness of <0.8 as standard (<0.5 on request). All elastomers and seals used are also fully FDA & EHEDG Approved. Their full range is also EHEDG certified, including the CPC and CPC-ZA Centrifugal Pumps meaning they meet all sanitary requirements for food and pharmaceutical grade pumps.
What is FDA?
Five main advantages of the CPC range:
- Quick lead times compared to competitors in the market.
- Optimal cleanability – supports CIP & SIP, as well as the impellers being dry-mounted to the shaft using O-Rings that cut down on liquid contact with the shaft. The impellers also feature pressure relief holes to ensure that there is further reduced liquid contact with the shaft and also cleaning the mechanical seal faces at the same time.
- Simple maintenance and low maintenance costs
- Simple disassembly
- Available in ATEX for potentially explosive environments.
- Stainless Steel AISI 316L
- Stainless Steel AISI 316L Mo + Ni
- Hastelloy C22 upon request
Available in the following designs:
- KAM – Close-coupled with adjustable feet and hygienic stainless steel AISI 316 shroud.
- KAV – Close coupled & supported by the motor feet
- KAC – Close-coupled with steel support frame
- IG & IGH – Fitted with Bearing Bracket for long-coupled execution or to be fitted with alternative drive technology such as hydraulic motors
- IGF – Long Coupled with flexible coupling & baseplate
- IL – Close-coupled with In-Line connections
- Electrically Driven
- Pneumatically Driven
- Diesel driven
- Hydraulic Motors
Who are Pomac Pumps?
Pomac Pumps are a Dutch company who manufacture Food Grade Pumps worldwide to the food, beverage, pharmaceutical and chemical industries. They have developed and manufactured a quality range of Sanitary Pumps including the CPC Sanitary Centrifugal Pump, Sanitary Twin Screw Pump and Sanitary Lobe Pump. You can check out the full range of Pomac Pumps by clicking here for Food Grade Pumps.
Please get in contact with our pump experts for all options available and what would suit your application.
To talk to a member of the team about the CPC Sanitary Centrifugal Pump range, open the live chat in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen.