Albin's Peristaltic Pumps combine the best available materials with smart design solutions in order to maximise running time and minimise maintenance. Our design enhances the pump’s intrinsic simplicity and robust principle. These Peristaltic Pumps series summarize what we at Tapflo strive to achieve: better pump solutions for our customers. They are very easy to use and maintain and therefore addresses what we consider as two of the 2 key issues customer face today:
- Lower Operational Costs
- Reduce downtime
This is done by using a pump without valves, pistons, stators or rotating elements in the fluid. The Peristaltic Pumps series are designed to make hose changes quick and easy with no technical knowledge required. We only work with high quality compounded rubbers, reinforced with 2 to 6 individual layers of braided polyamide and with an outer layer made to strict tolerances to ensure perfect compression. The characteristics of Tapflo hoses enable them to last approximately 30 % longer than other hoses on the market. They also fit the majority of other hose pumps.
Albin's Peristaltic Pumps are ideally suited for low & high pressure transfer, metering and dosing applications of low or high viscous, pasty, pure, neutral, aggressive or abrasive liquids, those containing gases or which tend to froth or those containing solids in the following industries:
- Food, dairy and beverage: tomato sauce, mash potatoes, gelatine, beer yeast, fish paste, olive oil, wine, egg white & yolk, edible fat, semolina, natural flavouring, cream, milk & yoghurts.
- Bakeries: water & salt mixtures, natural flavourings, fats, fruit cake dough/mixture (i.e. fruit cake has nuts and fruit pieces that need to stay whole).
- Paint: water based paint, acrylics, pigments, ink, wall coating.
- Meat and fish processing
- Pharmaceutical and cosmetics: chemical dosing, liquid protein, vaccines, serum, plasma, syrups, shampoos.
- Waste water and water treatment: lime cream, ferric chloride, sodium bisulphate, fluoride, polymers, aqueous ammonia, potassium permanganate, caustic soda, activated carbon, reagent feed, coagulant, flocculants, dispersion, alum, sludge and foams.
- Chemical and petrochemical: various acids, PVDF latex, alcohol, soap, non-aromatic solvents.
- Pulp and paper: latex, kaolin, paper waste sludge, various chemical dosing.
- Ceramics: barbotine, mould filling, filter press feeding. Building fibrous mortar, plaster, light concrete, cement flooring.
- Surface Treatment: Abrasive waste fluids, acids, alkalis, paints, Electrolytic zinc plating, Copper, Nickel, Tin, Silver and Gold plating, Alcalic zinc, Zinc-iron, Zinc-nickel, Hexavalent Chromium-free plating, Chromates / Passivation, Acid zinc
- Anaerobic Digestion: Processed Food & General Waste, Feedstock, Digestate, Waste Sludge’s
- Mineral Processing: sludge with viscosity up to 60 000 cps, clay up to 800g/l, particle size: 30 mm, lead sulphate, pyrite, sabx, cyanide, various acids.
- Agricultural: manure, fertilizer sugar mills, molasses, liquid sugar and various chemicals.
|Industry||Fluid||Viscosity||S.G.||Temp.||Problem||Pump / Symptoms||Solution|
|Quarry||Clay Suspension||350 – 3000||1.3||Changing Viscosity||PC Pump / Dry Running, 10 Stators / Year||PT80, NR, 40 rpm, 12 Bar Max|
|Paint||Latex||4000||1.2||30||Shear Sensitive||AODD / Shearing||PT65, NR, 23 rpm, 5 Bar Max|
|Paint||Primary Paint||35000||1.25||Dry Running||PC Pump / Dry Running, 6 Stators / Year||PT100, NR, 20 rpm, 2 Bar Max|
|Paint||Titanium Oxide||10000||1.3||Abrasion||PC Pump / Loss of Accuracy, 8 Stators / Year||PT65, NR, 40 rpm, 8 Bar Max|
|Chemical||Battery Acid Slurries||1.3||1.2||Ambient||Particles & Very Acidic||PC Pump / Expensive Rotor due to media||PT50, NR, 63 rpm, 3 Bar Max|
|Chemical||Polish Slurries||50||1.3||S.G. not constant||Centrif. Pump / Abrasion & Fluctuation in capacity||PTX40, NR, 40 rpm, 1 Bar Max|
|Chemical||Sulphur Slurries||1.2||30% Solids, Very Abrasive||PC Pump / Abrasion, costly operational spares||PT25, NR, 40 rpm, 5 Bar Max|
|Building||Ash Cement||15000||1.3||Abrasion||PC Pump / Abrasion & Dry Running||PT100, NR, 30 rpm, 15 Bar Max|
|Building||Cement||20000||1.25||High Pressure||PC Pump / Abrasion & Dry Running||PTX40, NR, 40 rpm, 15 Bar Max|
|Building||Plaster Projection||40000||1.4||Dry Running||PC Pump / Dry Running||PT40, NBR, 72 rpm, 4 Bar Max|
|Brewery||Diatomaceous Earth||13000||1.3||Ambient||Dosing abrasive product accurately & low cost||PC Pump / abrasion, costly operational spares||PT40, NR, 10-63 rpm, 6 Bar Max|
|Brewery||Yeast||1200-2500||1.15||5||Varying viscosity||AODD / Air Compressor Overload||PT25, NBR, 63 rpm, 10 Bar Max|
|Brewery||Beer Slurries||1120||1.2||20||Pumping abrasive product @ high pressure||PC Pump / abrasion, costly operational spares||PTX80, NR, 31 rpm, 11 Bar Max|
|Sewage Treatment||Sewage Sludge||600||1.25||Macerated solids & grit||PC Pump / Gland leakages & stator abrasion||PT65, NR, 40 rpm, 3 Bar Max|
|Sewage Treatment||Sewage Foam||100||1.1||Particles up to 2 cm||Centrif. Pump / Open impeller was clogging||PT100, NR, 21 rpm, 2 Bar Max|
|Sewage Treatment||Lime Slurries, 15%||500||1.3||Build-up of lime in low velocity areas||Electric Diaphragm Pump / 30 diaphragm per year||PT40, NR, 10-63 rpm, 5 Bar Max|
|Tobacco||Glue||3000||1.2||25||Shear Sensitive||PC Pump / Gland Leakages / Internal Leakages, damaged product||PT25, NBR, 32 rpm, 6 Bar Max|
|Food||Potato Pulp||25000||1.1||65||High Viscosity, High Temperature||Lobe Pump / Dry Running, Expensive Seal||PT60, NR, 27 rpm, 10 Bar Max|
|Food||Olive Oil||1400||1.1||Expensive product & reversible operation||AODD / Not reversible, lost product in filling line||PT32, NBR, 52 rpm, 2 Bar Max|
Peristaltic Pump working principle
- A pulsating flow is generated by the pushing action of shoes or rollers on the wall of a rubber hose.
- The two shoes or rollers are mounted at 180° on a rotating wheel & compress successively a reinforced rubber hose that contains a fluid to be pumped.
- The compression of the hose by the rotating shoes creates continuous suction at the inlet of the pump and pushes the fluid to the outlet of the pump.
- Sealing under the shoe is performed by the compression of a local area of the hose.
- Frictions between shoes and hose are reduced by using a lubricant which also acts as a coolant.
- The pumped fluid is in contact only with the interior of the rubber hose, thus permitting the pumping of a wide variety of reactive fluids.
- No particles are usually trapped between the walls of the inner hose, when the shoe is squeezing the hose, a small wave is created in front of the shoe rejecting the particles.
Selecting the right hose for the application and operating conditions is essential as it is the critical part of the pump. The hose should be able to withstand the following:
- High pressures
- Cyclic compression
- Highly abrasive products
- Temperature of the fluid being pumped
- Chemically aggressive products
Multi-layered hose for high pressure applications is made by piling layers of rubber material and weaves of synthetic or metallic fibres. Only 4 to 5 manufacturers worldwide are able to make the hose according to our specification.
Our hose lasts approx. 30% longer than other hoses available on the market due to 3 technical reasons:
- Higher quality of rubber
- Better shimming strategy
- Better hose selection strategy