Tapflo UK are proud to be the UK Exclusive Distributor for Albin Pump to supply a premium quality Peristaltic Hose Pump range to the UK. Albin Pump are based in France, manufacturing and selling Peristaltic Pumps globally.
What is a Peristaltic Hose Pump?
A Peristaltic Pump works by either two shoes (high-pressure applications) or rollers (low-pressure applications) rotating on a wheel inside of the pump and compressing an internal hose, which then forces through a known quantity of fluid, hence the name of the product. The hose inside of a Peristaltic Pump is designed to return to its original shape after the shoes or rollers have passed over, so the quantity and flow of fluid are consistently maintained.
Working principle of a Peristaltic Pump
What makes our hoses different?
The hoses supplied with every Peristaltic Pump from Tapflo UK are manufactured by pressing layers of high-quality rubber together. We only use the highest quality material, and the way they are layered and compressed means they are one of the strongest hoses on the market.
Only a handful of manufacturers worldwide can make the hose according to this specification. These hoses last approximately 30% longer than other hoses available on the market, due to 3 technical reasons:
- Higher quality of rubber
- Better shimming strategy
- A better hose selection strategy
Hoses can be supplied in the below materials to suit a wide variety of applications:
- Natural Rubber
- Natural Rubber FDA Approved
- FKM – Viton
- CSM Hypalon Rubber
The price of the hose usually works out to around 8 – 10% of the cost of the pump.
What are the benefits of a Peristaltic Hose Pump?
There is a long list of benefits to Peristaltic Pump technology – so many in fact that there’s a few too many to list them all! See some of our favourites below:
- They are fully self-priming up to 9.8 meters – not many other pumps on the market can produce that kind of suction!
- Damage-free when dry running
- Outlet pressures of up to 15 Bar
- Suitable for aggressive and viscous fluids
- Very easy maintenance
- Safety – the only part of the pump that comes into contact with the fluid is the hose!
- Reversible flow
- Heavy-duty bearings, greased for life
What flow rates can I get out of a Peristaltic Pump?
One of the great things about Peristaltic Hose Pumps is how versatile they are when it comes to flow rates. The pumps in our range start as low as 10 LPH and can go all the way up to 3000 LPM!
Our Peristaltic Pumps are suited for both low & high-pressure transfer, metering and dosing applications of low or high viscous, pasty, pure, neutral, aggressive or abrasive liquids, those containing gases or which tend to froth, or those containing solids in the following industries:
- Food & Beverage: tomato sauce, mash potatoes, gelatine, beer yeast, fish paste, olive oil, wine, egg white & yolk, edible fat, semolina, natural flavouring, cream, milk & yoghurts.
- Bakeries: water & salt mixtures, natural flavourings, fats, fruit cake dough/mixture (i.e. fruit cake has nuts and fruit pieces that need to stay whole).
- Paint: water-based paint, acrylics, pigments, ink, wall coating.
- Meat and Fish processing
- Pharmaceutical & Cosmetics: chemical dosing, liquid protein, vaccines, serum, plasma, syrups, shampoos.
- Waste Water & Water Treatment: lime cream, ferric chloride, sodium bisulphate, fluoride, polymers, aqueous ammonia, potassium permanganate, caustic soda, activated carbon, reagent feed, coagulant, flocculants, dispersion, alum, sludge and foams.
- Chemical and Petrochemical: various acids, PVDF latex, alcohol, soap, non-aromatic solvents.
- Pulp and Paper: latex, kaolin, paper waste sludge, various chemical dosing.
- Ceramics: barbotine, mould filling, filter press feeding. Building fibrous mortar, plaster, light concrete, cement flooring.
- Surface Treatment: Abrasive waste fluids, acids, alkalis, paints, Electrolytic zinc plating, Copper, Nickel, Tin, Silver and Gold plating, Alcalic zinc, Zinc-iron, Zinc-nickel, Hexavalent Chromium-free plating, Chromates / Passivation, Acid zinc
- Anaerobic Digestion: Processed Food & General Waste, Feedstock, Digestate, Waste Sludge’s
- Mineral Processing: sludge with a viscosity up to 60 000 cps, clay up to 800g/l, particle size: 30 mm, lead sulphate, pyrite, cyanide, various acids.
- Agricultural: manure, fertilizer sugar mills, molasses, liquid sugar and various chemicals.