What is CPC Sanitary Centrifugal Pump made for?
The CPC Series of Centrifugal Pumps is designed specifically for use within the Food and Pharmaceutical industries with a heavy emphasis on robust design, optimal cleanability, efficiency, low maintenance costs and simple maintenance. The range consists of 4 set sizes, CPC 160-210-260-310 with a capacity range up to 400 m³/hr & 9 Bar in 50 Hz and 500 m³/hr & 13 Bar in 60 Hz and standard and 40 Bar for the CPC-HD units for high-pressure applications such as pressure boosting or reverse osmosis.
All liquid contact parts are in compliance with EHEDG standards and manufactured from cast Stainless Steel AISI 316L or AISI 316L Mo+Ni or Hastelloy C22 upon request for increased corrosion resistance with a surface roughness of <0.8 as standard (<0.5 on request). The open or star impellers, which are dry mounted to the shaft by means of O-Rings, are also fitted with pressure relief holes to ensure optimal cleaning of the shaft seal and chamber. The O-Rings ensure that there is minimal liquid contact with the shaft whilst cleaning the contact faces at the same time. There is minimal clearances between the impeller and the back casing to ensure high efficiencies and pressures whilst retaining its solids handling ability up to 10 mm. Units can be supplied close coupled in KAM, KAV & KAC designs with B3 or B5 motors or with pneumatic, diesel driven or hydraulic motors in their IG & IGH forms. Various Mechanical Sealing & O-Ring options, as well as drain connections and heating jackets, are also available on request.
|Dairy||Milk, skimmed milk, butter milk, cheese milk, raw milk, cream, animal fats|
|Beverage||Fruit juices, soft drinks, beer, wine, spirits, liqueur, sugar solutions, syrups, water, concentrates, yeast|
|Food Stuffs||Animal and vegetable oils and fats, soups, sauces, spices, brine, water|
|Chocolates & Sweets||Milk products, oils and fats, sugar solutions, syrups, flavouring, liqueur, spirits|
|Sugar||Syrups, sugar solutions, invert sugar|
|CIP & SIP||Sodium hydroxide, nitric acid, hot and cold water, other specific cleaning liquids|
Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology
- Tablets & Coating
- Process Filtration
- Distilled Water & Emulsions
Data & Limits
|Max Capacity||500 m³/hr|
|Max Pressure||13 Bar (40 Bar for CPC-HD)|
|Max Viscosity||500 cPs|
|Max Temperature||150ºC (higher upon request, special execution)|
|Max Solids Passage||10 mm – Impeller & Model specific|
|Impeller||Open / Star|
|Connections||1.5” – 6” (DN40 – 150)|
|Connection Types||Couplings: DIN11851, DIN11864-1, SMS1145
Flanges: EN1092-1, DIN11864-2, ANSI
Tri-Clamps: ISO2852, DIN32676, DIN11864-3
|Shaft Sealing||Single, double quench/flush, Inner and outer, EHEDG. according to DIN24960|
|Sealing Materials||carbon/CrM, carbon/SiC, SiC/SiC, Tc/Tc|
|Elastomer Materials||EPDM, Viton, NBR, Teflon, KALREZ, e.g.
according to FDA
|Wetted Parts||AISI 316L (AISI 316L Mo+Ni or Hastelloy C22 upon request)|
|Surface Roughness||<0.8 Micron (Std.), <0.5 upon request|
|Drives||Standard: IEC, IE2, B3/B5, IP55, isol cl. F, PTC
Optional: IE3, ATEX, noise reduction, Hydraulic, Pneumatic, Diesel Driven
Depending on the area of the application the following design variants are available on demand:
- CPC-IL: Stainless Steel Sanitary Centrifugal Pumps designed with In-Line connections. This makes it possible to install the pump directly into the pipework.
- CPC-WW: Stainless Steel Centrifugal Pump for whey curds. Designed with tangential outlet. The pump was especially designed for pumping of soft and vulnerable media. This pump is therefore limited to a maximum operational speed to 1000 rpm. It is only available in construction sizes 29088 & 36088.
- CPC-T: Stainless Steel Sanitary Centrifugal Pump designed with radial outlet (the outlet opening of the pump is located directly above the central axis of the suction opening).
- CPC-ZA: Self-Priming variant of the CPC Series. Capacity range up to 300 m³/hr & 9 Bar in 50 Hz and 350 m³/hr & 13 Bar in 60 Hz. Not EHEDG Certified however sanitary in construction. ATEX rated.