Salvatore Robuschi Centrifugal Pump: Frequently Asked Questions
Industrial Centrifugal Pumps by Salvatore Robuschi
Tapflo UK supply a wide range of Centrifugal Pumps for Sanitary and Industrial applications. Our Industrial Centrifugal Pump range is separated into smaller and larger pumps. Our large Industrial Centrifugal Pumps are manufactured by Salvatore Robuschi.
Check out our smaller Industrial Process Centrifugal Pumps here.
Who are Salvatore Robuschi?
Salvatore Robuschi are an Italian pump manufacturer building customer-orientated Centrifugal Pump systems since 1935. They pride themselves on developing modular Centrifugal Pumps which can be tailored to an individual customer needs in a variety of material and hardware combinations.
What is a Centrifugal Pump?
A Centrifugal Pump is a rotodynamic machine fitted with an impeller which converts mechanical energy into hydraulic energy by creating a centrifugal force that is imparted onto the process fluid by the rotation of the impeller. As the impeller rotates the fluid gains both velocity and pressure and is then subsequently discharged out of the pump.
What’s different about Robuschi’s Centrifugal Pumps?
Robuschi have developed a heavy-duty modular design pump, featuring core products that can then be built up per each customer’s demands. Numerous impeller designs (Closed, Open, Channel & Vortex) can be fitted to the same size of pumps which can also be configured in up to 15 different sealing combinations and in the following executions, as well as vertical immersion and cantilever types.
Through the use of micro-casting technology for components such as their impellers and casings, Robuschi are able to deliver their pumps with high energy efficiencies and low NPSHr values, even when fitted with open impellers which are generally inefficient when compared to closed impeller designs.
Robuschi stock components which enable them to produce almost any size of pump in either Stainless Steel AISI 316 or Cast Iron within a few weeks which enables them to respond quickly and effectively to a wide variety of customer demands and applications, which other manufacturers would struggle to achieve.
More exotic materials of construction are also available on request to cater for more arduous applications. Some of these include:
- - Duplex Stainless Steel with wetted parts in SAF 2205
- - Super Duplex with wetted parts in SAF 2507
- - AISI 304L & 904L
- - Sanicro 28
- - Hastelloy C & B
- - CA6NM (Wear Resistant Material) with a 400 Brinnel Hardness
What applications can Robuschi Centrifugal Pumps be used for?
Robuschi Pumps are ideal for large industrial applications, such as:
- - Distillation
- - Purification
- - Cooling
- - Chemical Transfer
- - Tanning & Textiles
- - Waste Water Treatment: Preliminary Screening, Primary Treatment, Clarification, Dissolved Air Flotation (DAF), Ultra-Filtration, Demineralisation (UF & RO), Back Washing
- - Anaerobic Digestion: Digester Recirculation, Anaerobic Digestate Concentration, Forced Circulation Vacuum Evaporation, Multiple Effect Evaporation
- - Wet Scrubbers: Blast Furnace Scrubbers & Wet Scrubbers
- - Open Pit & Sump Unloading
- - Pumping process fluids & slurries with suspended solids
- - High Temperature Transfer up to 500ºC
- - Solvent & Fuel Transfers
What are the benefits of using a Salvatore Robuschi Centrifugal Pump?
- - Quick delivery times (average of 15-35 working days) on the whole range
- - Quick & readily available spares availability; shipment of spare parts (including seals) can be made within 24/72 hrs
- - Modular Design
- - Commonality of Spares across various sizes and configurations means lower spares holding costs
- - Pumps can be upgraded or modified to different applications without changing the whole pump
- - Through the use of their Micro-Cast (Lost Wax), castings absorbed powers and efficiencies of their units are less than their traditionally cast counter parts. This means a reduction in the cost of operation, which typically represents up to 65% of the total cost of ownership.
Can Robuschi Centrifugal Pumps run dry?
Robuschi’s surface mounted centrifugal pumps, which are fitted with mechanical seals, cannot be run dry as standard. However, a variety of flushing systems can be fitted to these units to enable the mechanical seals to be constantly lubricated.
Robuschi’s Vertical Immersion and Cantilever Pumps are Sealless and therefore do not feature a mechanical seal, therefore these pumps can be run dry indefinitely. This means that they can be used in pit and sump evacuation without the need for level controls.
Can they be hygienic or only for industrial applications?
Robuschi Pumps are not supplied according to sanitary certification levels. However, FDA approved seals and elastomers can be fitted as well as DIN 11851 hygienic connections and motor shrouds to enable them to be used in many food applications such as:
- - Fruit & Tomato Processing Lines: Receiving, Washing & Sorting, Rotary Drum Filtration, Hot Break, Forced Circulation & Evaporation, Tube In Tube Pasteurisation, Cooling Towers
- - Meat / Fish & Poultry: Fishmeal Stick Water, Meat & Offal Processing, Slaughterhouses
- - Distillation & Wine Production: Distillation, Stillage & Cross Flow Filtration
- - Vacuum Fillers
- - Spiral Pasteurisers
- - Dirty Hot Oil Transfers
- - CIP
- - Dissolved Air Flotation
- - Effluent Treatment
Salvatore Robuschi Case Study
Flow Rate:151 m3/h
Pumping solution offered:
Pump Type:RC Vortex Impeller Pump
With a flow rate up to 88 m3/hr, heavy duty shaft and bearings, as well as large passage for solids up to 150mm.
If you’re interested in getting a quote on a Robuschi Centrifugal Pump, get in contact with the Sales Team today by using the live chat in the bottom right hand corner of the website. If we’re not available, leave your email address and a member of the team will be in contact with you shortly.