Peristaltic Hose Pumps from Tapflo UK
What is a PT Hose (Peristaltic) Pump?
Tapflo PT is our latest pump design. We have combined the best materials with smart design solutions in order to maximise running time and minimise service.
How they work
The principle of operation of the pumping action in the Tapflo PT series hose pump is achieved by pinching a circular loop of rubber tube with two diametrically opposed rotating wedges. Due to the rotational movement, the fluid in the tubes is pushed ahead of each wedge. When each wedge reaches the end of the loop, the hose is released and the wedge rotates to the start of the loop to begin a new cycle.
As the wedge releases the reinforced tube, it immediately returns to its original shape, thereby ensuring positive suction and priming. This construction makes it a smart and effective choice for a wide range of pump applications.
- Water Treatment
- Mineral processing
- Chemical industry
- Food industry
- Paper mills
Advantages of the PT Pump
|✔ No mecchanical seal or stuffing box||✔ Robust entirely of ductile iron|
|✔ Suitable for aggressive or viscous fluids||✔ Dosing of very corosive chemicals|
|✔ Fully self-priming up to 9,8 m||✔ Damage-free continuous dry running|
|✔ Outlet pressures up to 15 bar||✔ Very easy maintenance|
|✔ Stainless steel screws||✔ Heavy-duty bearings, greased for life|
|✔ Two year warranty||✔ Plug and play|
|✔ Reverisble flow||✔ Close coupled with gearbox protection|
|✔ Low sound level: <70 dB at 1 meter|
- Click here to find out how Tapflo manufacture the industry leading diaphragm pump
- To find out more about our entire range of double diaphragm pumps, click here
- Learn more about how you can save money by using one of our Centrifugal pumps
- Do you use Peristaltic Hose Pumps? Learn more about our longer lasting hoses here
- Our Lobe Pumps are constructed completely out of polished stainless steel. Find out more about our range here
- Our screw pumps are Industry leading for solid handling within hygienic applications.
- Find out how our Low Energy Air Pump can pay for itself within 12 months here
- Tapflo Pumps are industry leaders for the supply of Magnetically driven centrifugal pumps.